Image from http://www.longislandcraftbeerweek.com
As you may know, I like beer. I like all kinds, all sizes, all terroir. That being said, I LOVE that there are so many Long Island breweries popping up making some really quality, unique brews. The craft beer movement is really picking up steam all across the country, with typical suds like Bud seeing double digit sales decreases. Craft, local, microbrews, etc. are seeing huge growth. Even the large, formerly small, but more unique producers like Sam Adams is enjoying gains. It’s great to see more businesses succeeding and more choices being offered. It’s also great to be able to have different beers in different areas of the country and world, much like the local food and win movement espouses. It’s great to be different.
So, here are a list of the breweries that I know of on Long Island, the lion’s share of which have opened since 2010!! This doesn’t even include NYC or the Hudson Valley.
- Blue Point Brewing Company, Patchogue
- Brick House Brewery, Patchogue – brewpub
- Great South Bay Brewery, Bay Shore
- Port Jeff Brewing Company, Port Jefferson
- Long Ireland Beer Company, Riverhead
- Fire Island Beer Company, Ocean Beach, Fire Island
- Spider Bite Beer Company, Holbrook
- Greenport Harbor Brewing Company, Peconic
- Blind Bat Brewery, Centerport
- Southampton Publick House, Southampton
- Black Forest Brew Haus, Farmingdale - brewpub
- John Harvard’s Brewery and Ale House, Lake Grove – brewpub
- Ghost Cat Brewing, somewhere on Long Island